Tuesday 28 October 2008

"Wasting" Expensive Perfume

I procrastinated, missed the time I thought He was saying I should go, came up with plenty of reasons not to go, or put it off until I could afford (time and money-wise) to go for longer but then eventually heard what He was saying to me. That's it's not about me, it's about Him. That the woman who anointed him with perfume spilled a year's worth of wages over his feet to bless him for a minute and perfume the room for a while longer. That it was time to stop making excuses and do what He says. Follow Him, like I keep saying I want to. So I booked my ticket and I go for eight days in January. I don't know what the International House of Prayer (IHOP) will be like, but I know God will be with me.

Continuing with the praise report - God is totally doing something in me. Studying isn't driving me crazy (A year ago I would get really down if I had to spend a quiet Saturday afternoon reading) and commuting isn't proving too much for me. Even when I'm tired, I'm not more tired the morning after I stay up a while longer to read the Bible. God, my fortress, my strength, my provision. Hallelujah!

No comments: