Wednesday 3 December 2008

Because It's Good For Me

I just sat here considering writing a post about how I won't be posting anymore for a while. After all, this blog has only a small handful of readers, is updated only about once a fortnight and in many ways...I don't even know what it's still here for. When I was in Australia, it seemed useful, and I felt like I had something to share. Of course things are still going on in my life but...I guess it doesn't seem so natural to share them now that those things are going on in my home country.

However, I've decided to keep blogging because, with no reason to believe this other than a vague feeling that it's true, I figure it's probably good for me. I don't know why or how, but it is.

I am face to face right now with how there's so many things I want to do and I simply can't fit them all into my life. I want to be a more committed daughter and sister, I want to excel at university. I want to go back and finish that snowboarding course. I want to serve enthusiastically at church and I want to invest energy in learning to really play an instrument or two. I want to take shifts at work more often. I also want to write a really good blog that's full of good, insightful stuff, or at least entertaining bits and pieces, rather than the self-absorbed monologues that I (along with most bloggers I guess) find myself posting more and more regularly of late.

But...I can't do everything, so I'll just keep fumbling along, trying to move forward and praying for guidance, wisdom and strength. I remember a preacher once saying "If you're going through hell tonight, keep going, because it's the last place you want to pitch your tent". That really stuck with me. Not that I'm going 'through hell'; I'm just busy and stayed up too late last night, but it's still worth remembering. I don't want to stop in a difficult place. By God's grace, I want to push through and come out the other side. So by His grace, I will.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love blogging, myself... yáh.

But friend... what are your priorities? I know I've asked you that many times in the past... but perhaps you should take the time to sit down again and look at them... where is God calling you?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I was going to post my first ever comment on your blog (because I've only just found it!) saying "Keep blogging just for fun" but now Aaron has gone and made it all holy I feel like I should be a bit deeper...

Er...

Ask yourself - what would Jesus blog? Er... no? Ok... Er... Just keep blogging.

Bek said...

Maybe blogging is good for me because it's fun - and I've not been prioritising fun enough? :)