Wednesday 4 August 2010

August, September and Photography

I just had a look and it was January when I posted my last bonafide blog entry. I am now back from Spain, it was hard work but I got through it with a 77.73 average which I reckon will convert to a 2.i so happy days!

I am currently trying to sort through all the stuff I own (it seems to have multiplied while I was living overseas), storing, throwing out and finding place to put it all. I am also working on my dissertation. Currently, I'm writing my academic context chapter although I haven't got very far just yet! I will be looking into the creation of 'local' food brands, using a specific case study. I like to tell people I'm writing my dissertation on ice cream. So August is looking promising; working on my dissertation, organising all my stuff and seeing friends (not to mention a wedding or two and maybe even a camping trip in there somewhere).

As for September, I have been really, really blessed! I am travelling to New York to stay with a friend, visit galleries and take photographs (I got a gift of some unwanted travel vouchers and a grant from my university to do this). Later in the month I am heading to Iceland on a physical geography field course which I am not being assessed for, so I get to do all the field work and seeing Iceland with none of the worrying about my grades.

I am so looking forward to the photos I will take on both trips and trying to figure out just how much photography equipment I a) need b) can afford and c) can fit in my luggage (who needs more than 1 change of clothes for a week anyway?!) Both these trips should give me opportunities to take some great photos and I'm hoping to have a portfolio that allows me to really contrast these two very different landscapes.

In other photography news, I did my first photoshoot a few weeks ago. I took some engagement pictures for my roommate and her fiancé and I've put some of the best on Facebook. Hopefully I'll be doing a shoot for another friend and her fiancé sometime soon. Portrait photography is a little nerve-wracking for me, but good fun!

I [heart] cameras!

No comments: