Thursday 27 December 2007

Packing

My parents tell me that even as a child I hated packing. While my sisters would go and get their clothes 3 t-shirts and 7 pairs of socks at a time as asked, I would spend hours doing anything but putting clothes in a suitcase.

Things haven't changed much. I still procrastinate and dislike packing. On the upside, I'm getting much better at it.

I am currently sorting out my CDs to take to Australia. That involves ripping and burning all the ones I want cos I don't trust myself not to lose any CDs if I take the real copies. I'll leave them at home. Waiting for me.

I am excited and so, so nervous right now.

What if I'm not 'YWAM'? What if my student visa gets declined and I have to come home early? How am I going to survive 6 months without seeing my friends and family? Will I just make all the same mistakes I've made before?

I feel like I've not prepared for this trip maybe as much as I should have in terms of praying stuff through and writing down my hopes and aims for the trip. Maybe doing some of that writing would be a good way of passing the 26 hour journey.

No comments: