Sunday 10 February 2008

DTS Week 4

We have officially completed 1/3 of our lecture phase. Insane.

Biblical studies week was really good. I think my favourite parts were reading whole sections/books of the Bible outloud together - it's incredible how much more I could connect with what I was reading when I read out loud. We also had the opportunity to practice Biblical meditation - just really prayerfully considering a few verses at a time, trying to understand what God was saying in them.

I'm really hoping to make reading the Bible outloud a regular part of my life. One of my prayers in coming here was to regain what I used to have in reading the Bible - where things would constantly 'jump' out at me and I'd feel like I was actually getting closer to God in reading the Word. I feel like I'm getting somewhere this week, so that's really great!

I am officially going on outreach to Outback Australia! We will be doing schools & youth work (and probably other bits and pieces) in various towns around Northern Queensland for 8 weeks. I am so so excited! Prayers for which towns we should go to, and continued team relationships would be really appreciated.

Next weekend we head off on our 2-week camping trip, so I obviously won't be posting during that time. A few of us went out this morning to look at camp grounds and we found one we really like. We're praying that it will be affordable and available for us to go there.

I also saw wallabies. That makes me happy.

1 comment:

Adam Garland said...

Saw your blog on the Relevant Forums. Cool space, your writing is very good.

I know what you mean by reading outloud. It makes things pop out. It's either that or I'm narcissistic and love the sound of my own voice. Not sure which but things do pop out a lot.

G'day and have a jolly time with the wallabies mate.