Sunday 12 April 2009

Rising from the dead?

Coming down the mountain, Jesus swore them to secrecy. "Don't tell a soul what you saw. After the Son of Man rises from the dead, you're free to talk." They puzzled over that, wondering what on earth "rising from the dead" meant.
Mark 9:9-10 (The Message)

To me, this passage sums up perfectly the disciples inability to understand as Jesus prepared them for his death and resurrection throughout his ministry. It makes me aware of some of the times I've done the same thing - failed to comprehend what God means because I'm failing to believe what He's actually saying. I know I do that sometimes, and I wouldn't be surprised if I do it more often than I realise.

He is risen indeed! Happy Easter (again)!

1 comment:

Nichole M said...

I found my way here from Dawn's blog... Happy Easter! That is a great passage. :-)